- 69% of the drowning incidents occurred while one or both parents were responsible for supervision.
- 10% were adults other than the parents.
- 14% were sitters.
- 7% siblings
- 65% of the drowning incidents were in a pool owned by the child’s family.
- 22% at a relatives
- 11% happened at a neighbor’s.
- 77% of the children had been seen 5 minutes or less before being missed and subsequently discovered in the pool.
Where were they last seen?
- 46% WERE LAST SEEN IN THE HOUSE prior to being found in the pool. Of these, 15% were thought to be sleeping.
- 23% were last seen in the yard, porch or patio, not in the pool area. That’s a total of 69 percent that were thought not to be in the pool area.
- 31% were last seen in the pool or pool area.
- 39% of the people responsible for supervising the child were doing chores.
- 18% socializing.
- 9% were busy on the telephone.
About – Standard Pool Barrier Pool fences
A Pool Barrier™ Safety Fence helps keep your pool a place for fun — not concern.
At Pool Barrier™, we don’t believe in taking chances. Concerned parents know it takes only seconds for a heartbreaking accident to occur. That’s why we have developed a fencing system that has been chosen by thousands of safety-conscious parents to keep their pool a place to enjoy.
Pool Barrier™ fencing plus adult supervision gives the ultimate in
protection between your home and pool. All Pool Barrier™ fencing is installed by factory-trained authorized dealers to meet our exacting standards.
Safety Poles & Gates
The extra-strong, marine quality aluminum poles which support Pool Barrier™ fences were engineered specifically for us with unique TRI-Core construction for added rigidity.
They are force-fitted into non-conductive plastic sleeves embedded in the pool’s surrounding deck surface.
The fencing is available in heights of 42″, 48″, and 60″, meeting every customer’s need and all building codes. Gates are equipped with strong, rust-resistant, safety latches.
The extra-tough, see-through TEXTILENE® mesh of Pool Barrier™ fencing is vinyl coated to resist fading, mildew and soiling. It is so strong that it will resist tearing even if cut. Not even a high speed tricycle will penetrate it.
On those occasions when you want open access to your pool area, an adult can disassemble and wind up the fencing, in just minutes!
Convenient caps are provided to cover the insert sleeves when the fence is not in use.
Every part of Pool Barrier™ fencing- poles, mesh, and hardware – is unconditionally guaranteed, under normal use, for as long as the original purchaser owns the fence.. If any service should be required, it will be performed at no charge, by your local Pool Barrier™ dealer.
Simply give Red Square Pools a call at 702-530-7331 and we’ll be happy to send a Pool Barrier™ representative to your home. At no cost or obligation to you, we’ll do a free safety survey and estimate of the cost to install Pool Barrier™ fencing to protect your children. Act Now. Your Pool Barrier™ fencing can be installed in a few hours.For the sake of your children, it’s important. Red Square Pools serving S. Nevada, Las Vegas, Henderson & Summerlin. Services include weekly cleaning, repair, equipment sales, acid wash and tile cleaning. Red Square Pools (702) 530-7331 firstname.lastname@example.org